Friday, July 31, 2015

I Said Yes to the Dress!

Last Wednesday, I bought my wedding dress.

Just typing that makes me feel giddy.

We went to Bridal Boutique in Baton Rouge. Stephanie was out of the country, and Lacy was working, but Abby and Allie were able to join me and Mom, and I am so, so glad I had them there. Abby (queen of Say Yes to the Dress) and Allie (Professional Bridesmaid) were supportive and helpful and definitely watched my reaction to each dress before giving their opinion. Mom was also wonderful, but completely unhelpful, as she just teared up and said that every dress I tried on looked beautiful. Thanks, mom.

I can't say much about the actual dress, for obvious reasons. I will say that it was only the second dress I tried on, which is bananapants. I really expected to not find anything and agonize over the decision. Except, every dress I came out in was an "Oh, shit." moment (as Abby said every single time I came out of the dressing room.) In the end, I was torn between the first and second dress I tried on, but as soon as I put my hair up (which I wasn't planning on doing), I knew the choice was clear. It looks like I'll have an updo after all, but it's totally fine because this dress demands it.



I cannot wait until the next time I get to put it on, which will probably be every single time I go to my parent's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment